PurAmino is a hypoallergenic, iron fortified, amino acid based baby and toddler formula used for infants and toddlers with severe cow’s milk protein allergies, and other food allergies. It also is suitable for conditions such as protein maldigestion, malabsorption/chronic diarrhea, short bowel syndrome and eosinophilic esophagitis. It contains omega 3 DHA and ARA, important fatty acid nutrients that provide brain support and eye development for your baby. PurAmino can provide a sole source of nutrition for infants up to age 6 months and provide a major source of nutrition for toddlers through 24 months of age, when indicated. Normally, in feeding infants, gradual introduction of solid foods after 4–6 months of age is an important developmental as well as nutritional step. In cases of severe and multiple food allergies or intolerances, PurAmino is sometimes continued as a milk substitute in the diet of children. This and similar supplemental use of PurAmino in the diet beyond 24 months of age may make a significant contribution to maintenance of good nutrition. PurAmino is created by the maker of Nutramigen—the #1 recommended brand* for managing infants who are allergic to cow’s milk protein‡. ‡By pediatricians who recommend a specific formula. *Enfamil is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand of Infant Formula – QuintilesIMS, using the ProVoice Survey fielded from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
- PurAmino is a hypoallergenic, iron fortified, and amino acid based formula for the dietary management of infants and toddlers with severe cow’s milk protein & multiple food allergies
- Also suitable for conditions such as protein maldigestion, malabsorption/chronic diarrhea, short bowel syndrome & eosinophilic esophagitis
- PurAmino can be an infant’s sole nutrition source through 6 months of age, and be a major supplemental nutrition source up to 2 years old
- Nutritionally complete formula for infants and toddlers 0 24 months with DHA and ARA, nutrients also found in breast milk that promote brain and eye development. Lactose free
- PurAmino is created by Enfamil, the maker of Nutramigen-the #1 recommended brand* for managing infants who are allergic to cow’s milk protein